Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A "Trip to France" and other desires.


As a child I had always imagined myself with children and a place of my own.
my long drawn out fantasies consisted of me and my stuffed animal "children" staying in my own little place that required no man or significant other to maintain.

I just never imagined anyone else in the picture except for me and my "children".

One of my favorite fantasies consisted of this;

I would imagine traveling to France (My parents went without me one year after planning the trip for a long time, only to leave us home with grandparents.) and taking my "children" with me to a hotel.

With my old "boom box", gifted to me on my birthday or some holiday, I would make cassette tapes full of dialogue and label them "A Trip to France". Once finished, I would listen to the "trip" approximately 10-12 times; only to re-record the fantasy over and over and over again. I would give anything to find that old cassette tape now.

I was always the caregiver in my mind and recall my desire to have my own private abode which was the main part of my imaginary world. I would drive off (or fly because I had super powers), take care of business and come back to my family. I would pretend to invite people now and then but I didn't like anyone trying to change anything.

I imagine my desire to travel and my desire to have my own space without the presence of another person, other than my children, stems from some of these experiences that I've had as a child.

No comments: