Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Obsessing - the thanksgiving "basket"


Last week I received a call from my daughter's school saying that someone had put our name in to receive a thanksgiving basket for our family. (I thought they were going to ask us for a donation) We have been in a difficult financial situation and it had been made known somewhere down the line.
She gave me the times, day, and location to pick it up at.
Unfortunately that was not enough for me.

Since then, I have been obsessing over what it looks like, what is in it, how heavy it is, how big it is, who I'm going to talk to when I get there, whether or not people are going to be in my way, how I'm going to carry it home on the back of my stroller (we don't have a car), and any thing else you can think of related to any possible obstacles that may occur.

I decided I needed to call and find out (risking possibly offending someone and making them angry with me?) and have been obsessing over making the phone call for the past three days.

Well, I finally did call and now I have found out that we are getting an 11 pound turkey and it is not in fact an actual "basket", per say, but there are two green bags with food in it. (Why do they call it a basket? Is that a metaphor for something?)
Good news is, I can put them on the back of the stroller and walk home with them. yay

I pick them up today and I wonder if I have to return the bags?

edited to add; I did express my gratitude to them. I don't know if I am supposed to do something back? (It was anonymous)
Do I send a thank you card? Where to? The front office? The classroom?

1 comment:

Blondie said...

Oh, sweetie! I am so happy your family has a benefactor for the holiday - how wonderful! I think it would be lovely for the girls to make a thank you card that you can then drop off at the school office. I am sure it will get back to whomever it needs to get back to.

HUGE HUGS and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!